Sunday, January 17, 2010

Best show i've seen in years


I came back 2 hours ago from the best show I've seen in the last couple of years.
Alegria, by the Cirque du Soleil. DAMN it was fantastic!

I can only name 3 negative points:
1- We were seated on plastic folding chairs and the view wasn't great
2- It wasn't the original show, but an adaptation made for arenas. Actually, it's the same show, but y'know, it's not the same feeling then when you see it in the great, big, yellow and blue tent.
3- IT'S TOO SHORT! 2 hours just aren't enough. Gimme more magic!

Otherwise, I was sitting on the edge of my seat and my jaw was hanging loose 90% of the time. Last time I saw the Cirque du Soleil, I was a 7 years old kid (It was Saltimbanco, under the big top at Ottawa), and I couldn't believe my eyes. Now, at 19, I still can't believe how talented these acrobats, clowns and musicians are.

2 thumbs up to Guy Laliberté, Franco Dragone, René Dupéré and all the people who were behind this amazing show. They made me feel like a li'l boy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment