Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Insects Preserved in Amber (NOT!)

Carim Nahaboo, Illustrator and all around great artist, shared on his blog these pictures of what looks like ancient insect specimens preserved in amber.

However, he created those beautiful things by the much simpler (and quicker) method of casting the insects in tinted polyester.





This method should probably be quite simple to replicate with a little resin casting know-how, and has the potential to produce quite convincing fakes; right now, I imagine mixing this process with Shadow Manor's mummified fairy tutorial I covered before.


More pictures HERE and HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great collection of images. This type of amber provides a tangible means of cherishing the earth’s amazing, momentous history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I handle this piece. I regard You put clear fight to interface with this story. I respect your cycle. dark0de market url

    ReplyDelete